Researches claim that each year 1.2M to 2.7M people die because of different diseases that are the results of water pollution. Polluted water can by any water that contains excess amount of non-hygienic, harmful additives. These harmful additives are lead, chlorine, mercury, sediments and many more. All these impurities, when drunk by a human, give rise to various fatal diseases like diarrhoea, cancer, digestive issues and much more. So, in such cases, the pure water is very important. And especially for drinking purposes, the water needs to be extra refined. When this awareness rose among the people, there appeared several types of research and advancements in the field of water cleaning gadgets. It is because of these that we are having a number of water filters today around us.
Water filters are the machines that filter the contaminants out of the water. There are different types of water filters that screen varied kinds of pollutants. Also, there are various types of water filter systems for multiple usages. You can install a large central water filtration system, or you can have a small one for your glasses of water. OR in this case, you can adjust the filter to your refrigerator, to provide the clean and filtered water for ice.
Refrigerator water filters, filter the water for the refrigerator use. The refrigerator cools the water and also converts it into ice. The same water, if contaminated, will make the contaminated ice. So, LG came up with this idea of LT1000P Refrigerator water filter to solve this problem. There are different water filters out there in the market. They have a different specification for different refrigerators.
If you are looking to buy the LT1000P water filter for your refrigerator. Here is the list of compatible LG refrigerator models:
For further detailed compatibility, it is recommended to refer to the actual manual of the particular LG refrigerator model.
Lg LT1000P REFRIGERATOR WATER FILTER
Talking about the LT1000P, Lg has manufactured it for its compatible products, to give a clean, hygienic, and odourless water. The product has come up with several remarkable features. Here is a detailed list of reasons why you need LT1000P for your refrigerator:
- Chlorine is a fatal water contaminant. City water is always chlorinated to kill the germs inside it. Usually, the water has 1-3 ppm of chlorine in it. The regular intake of chlorinated water, with less intensity of chlorine, may not be very fatal. But, due to the un-controlled fluctuations in concentrations, it can become a deadly contaminant, that can cause coma, vomiting and even death; sometimes if intaken in high quantity. The LT1000P refrigerator water filter makes your water free from the chlorine and also it eradicates the sharp irritating smell of chlorine from your mainline water. Thus, you get healthier and odourless water to drink.
- Water itself has no taste, but this “no-taste” has now become a taste. Pure water has its own flavour. When impurities add to it, that taste is gone. Sometimes it becomes smelly because of chlorine, and sometimes metallic in taste because of iron into it. And so many others. So, for this, the LT1000P takes full responsibility to provide you with entirely pure taste water that has no other flavours in it.
- Different filters have different lasting time with different volume of water-cleaning capacity. The LT1000P has this incredible filtering capacity of 200 gallons of water. This usually lasts for six months. But, it also depends upon water usage. The filter doesn’t come with any stamped expiration date. It notifies the user through the App when it needs to be replaced. Again, it depends on usage. After that, it has to be replaced with the other one.
- Your water may have specific harmful contaminants in it. If you have iron, in more than the standard amount in your water, have a look at what it can do to your health. An increased iron level breeds the bacteria that require iron for their living. That bacteria then gets into the body and cause different health issues. Moreover, the overload intake of iron can cause diabetes, hemochromatosis, Stomach Problems, Nausea and vomiting. But you don’t need to worry about any of this water pollution diseases, because the LT1000P filters all out of the water and gives you a pure, iron-free glass of water.
Similarly, there are other contaminants like mercury, chlorine, lead, asbestos and benzene that these products filters and removes from your drinking water.
- Another added value for using this product is: it is compatible with all the LG Product refrigerators. Like the LMXS30796S, LMXS30796D, LMXC23796S, LMXC23796D, LFXS30796S, LFXS30796D, LFXC24796D, LFXC24796S, LSXC22396S, LSXS26396S, LSFXC2496D, and LSXC22396D etc. These models are perfectly compatible with the product, and the filter installs with no issue.
- The LT1000P Vertical Refrigerator water filter is NSF/ANSI standards verified. The NSF certification is individual testing in which the product is testified for the claims that the manufacturer offers. NSF testing accredits the LT1000P for lead, chlorine, mercury, asbestos, benzene and iron removal with wholly natural and odourless water.
- Original product by LG that is compatible with a significant number of LG Refrigerator models.
- NSF/ANSI certified for the filter of mercury, lead, iron, chlorine, asbestos, and benzene.
- 200 gallons of big water cleaning capacity with no stamped expiratory date. Which means you can use it for as long as you can, in a single replace. It depends on the usage, not dates.
- Pure and freshwater with better taste.
- The filter needs to be replaced after a certain time period.
How to change LT1000P Water Filter?
Here is a small guide to how you would change the LT1000P Water filter in your refrigerator. There are two pre-requisites to that:
- The Filter must be requiring a replacement. As stated earlier, though the filter has no expiration date, the App notifies when the Filter needs replacement.
- You must go through the manual to check either your refrigerator is compatible with the filter or not.
Now that you are confirmed with this. Go for the First Step.
Remove the top shelf:
To remove the high tray, you need first to tilt it and then lift it up. Then you have to pull out the shelf.
Remove the old filter:
Pull the old filter downwards. It will suspend vertically. Turn the filter anti-clockwise and rotate it until it is clearly easy to remove.
Install the New Unit:
Take the brand new LT1000P out of the packaging and remove the protective covers from the O-rings. Now, push the filter into the opening and rotate it clockwise until it fits into it and then close the lid.
Remove the inside trapped air:
Now after installing the new filter, dispense 2.5 gallons of water to free any trapped air inside.
BUYING GUIDE TO REFRIGERATOR WATER FILTERS
The Refrigerator Water Filters are revoluting the cold water and ice mechanism now. You don’t only get the cold water; instead, you have the CLEAN cold water in the refrigerator equipped with these filter systems. Your raw water contains a different concentration of different contaminants. These small intakes one day throw you into big trouble. You need a perfect filter system for your refrigerators to get the best pure, fresh and healthy water. Here is a small buying guide that tells you about the necessary pre-requisites that you need to keep in mind, before buying a Refrigerator Water Filter.
What refrigerator brand you are using?
Let’s say you are having an LG refrigerator model LMXC23796D working at your home and you are looking for a filter to that model. The first thing is to make sure the compatibility of the filter to the model. It is important because the compatible models give optimum performance with the relevant systems.
Are the attributes certified by NSA?
NSA certification is important for the reliability of the claims done by the manufacturers. In NSA certification, the individual models are testified for the different features and filters they have. For instance, the LT1000P claims to filter chlorine, mercury, lead, iron benzene etc. You need to look for the verified certification by NSA for these contaminants filter. Like in this case, the LT1000P has NSA certification for the filtering of all the claimed impurities.
Go through, have research to grab the perfect deal:
Your perfect deals are always waiting for you. You just need to focus on them. Buying procedure must involve sufficient research that includes price analysis, customer reviews and much more. You need to go through all this to reach a perfect price.
After having a detailed examination of the Lg LT1000P refrigerator filter system, It is obvious that it works to provide clean, filtered water to the refrigerator to make ice. Water in any form can have impurities in it. It is important to get rid of those impurities. And importantly, when the water is used for drinking. Special care needs to be taken. The LT1000P provides you with that care with its ultra-filtration mechanism; that makes your water free from all those chlorine smell, that you have in your city water.
Apart from the smell harmonizing, it also purifies the water from different impurities and sediments that are extremely harmful to human health. These include iron, mercury, lead, chlorine and benzene. The excess of these water impurities can lead to a number of health issues like diabetes, diarrhoea, digestive disorders, coma, and sometimes even death.
The product comes with two names, LT1000 and LT1000P. They are just different release versions of the same product.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any fixed expiration date stamped on the product?
No. There is no fixed expiration date mentioned on the product. The product has a limited capacity of cleaning 200 gallons of water. It works until the threshold amount of water. It depends upon the usage.
How to change the filter?
Open the shelf, push the filter with anti-clockwise rotation until it loosens. Put the new filter inter and again rotate to fit.
What is the difference between LT1000 and LT1000P?
There is no difference. Both are the products for the same function. They are just different release versions.
Does this product filter the ice maker water?
Yes. It can be used with the LG brand refrigerators. You can have a look at their manuals to get more idea about the compatibilities.
What impurities can it filter?
The LT1000P can filter iron, chlorine, benzene, lead, asbestos and mercury.